Legend of Miyamoto Legend of Miyamoto

So much work went into this... and yet, I absolutely cannot overlook the fact that the sprited parts of the movie not only mix sprite styles in ways that don't make sense, but the Zelda dungeon map was taken from a game site and NOT cleaned up purely referential sprites. (The Hardhat Beetles and the items hanging above pots.)

The choice of music also seemed pretty inappropriate. Granted that a piece of Nintendo music probably would have been too obvious, but a track from Fatboy Slim didn't seem like the best choice.

All and all, not a bad movie. The drawn parts were strong, byt the sprited parts were weak.

Superman V Goku Superman V Goku

The level of ridiculous in this movie is off the charts! Just wow... When the guy from Bleach popped up, I actually groaned, but once everything else started happening, I started laughing. I'm really glad you went this direction with the movie instead of the obvious way, and I'm REALLY happy to see Harima Kenji and Temna Tsukamoto make a brief appearance! That was really cute.

I liked this movie.

Street Fighter Collab Street Fighter Collab

Dick Fighter Collab

It's been a while since I've done one of my over-the-top, "TL;DR" reviews, but this seems like a good candidate for it, so here goes.

First, let me just say that this thing may perhaps be over-hyped. It has its moments, but it could just as easily had been a series of compilations instead of one big one. The material could have been a bit better at times as well. The sound quality was flawless and the voiceacting was pretty darn good, but really, it wouldn't be fair to review this as a singular entry since it's a collaboration of entries. So...

Skit 0 (Title Sequence): Freakin' awesome! It's a collab IN a collab! And of course, a great homage to classic Street Fighter intros of the past.

Skit 1: Strange, but pretty good.

Skit 2: Poorly animated, though it seems intentional. Also perfectly describes Ryu.

Skit 3: Probably one of the best skits in the entire animation despite the fact Zangief sounds like Grover from Sesame Street.

Skit 4: Awesome. No pun intended.

Skit 5: Odd, but well animated.

Skit 6: Dhalsim's grin is creepy and the skit takes too long to really go anywhere. Was there supposed to be a dick joke in here somewhere? If so, I didn't catch it.

Skit 7: Not very interesting. Looks like pure filler material, and not very good filler at that.

Skit 8: Nonsensical, but amusing.

Skit 9: Very strange, but pretty well animated. Truly a good parody.

Skit 10: Cock jokes #1 and #2. Not exactly good, though I like Birdie's accent. Not so much his

Skit 11: Why does this remind me of a "Home Movies" skit? A really poor one. That flirting guy isn't very amusing. Just retarded.

Skit 12: Heh heh heh. This one was cute. And seemed to fit the characters fairly well. I like the X-Men "The Beast" reference. And of course, Dan Hibiki.

Skit 13: Funny up until Zangief spies Sakura's ass. No amount of red-pantied teenage girl could make that wrestler straight. Also, cock joke #3.

Skit 14: Cock joke #4.

Skit 15: Cock joke #5. Three cock jokes in a row?! Also, this goes on for way...WAY too long, even if some of the facial expressions ARE amusing.

Skit 16: I found this one to be pretty funny despite the fact it, as with other skits, went on for far longer than necessary. It could have just as easily ended.

Skit 17: Short, sweet, and amusing! Blanka added to the hilarity.

Skit 18: I love this one. Heh heh.

Skit 19: M'kay.

Skit 20: "Nipple Punch"? Eh.

Skit 21: Pretty funny skit! Ken changing art styles and palettes after ever hit just added to the hilarity.

Skit 22: Nene reference for the win. Otherwise, pretty boring.

Skit 23: I want a Blanka plushie like that. Also, not bad! Pretty cute, in fact.

Skit 24: Confusing. Only Ken seemed to be the pay-off here. Everyone else seems to be a red herring.

Skit 25: Random violence is always fun. It helps that Dhalsim is acting WAY out of character here, of course.

Skit 26: Not much of a far cry from the actual US cartoon, oddly enough. What's up with the (for lack of better reasoning) Fireball 20XL references, though?

Skit 27: The best skit in the entire sequence, even if there's a few of sex jokes in there. I do like Alex and Twelve, though. Heh. This probably could have been its own submission.

Skit 28: Cheap shot at the Super Street Fighter II death noises. But amusing!

Skit 29: Mike Bison? Or MIKE? Your call. Also, yet another "Zangief is a pedophile" joke.

Skit 30: Yay! Generic anime parody! And I do like Dan...

Skit 31: Stupid. Ridiculous stupid.

Skit 32: WHAT THE HELL? I'm open-minded and all, but what the Hell is the point of this skit? Just to piss off the fetish-phobic?

Skit 33 (Credits): Um... Interesting. Not bad, though why end on another sex joke? And is that voice message for real? Sheesh.

Skit 34 (Game Over): Heh. Cute.

So all and all, is this worth watching? I think so. As I said, despite all the ridiculous sex and cock jokes and the few stupid skits, it does have its good parts.

You Have One Box You Have One Box

The game is programmed well enough and everything seems to do what it's supposed to. It could have used more variation in level design, more traps, and so forth. The concept is good and can be pretty fun, though I think something similar has been done before with stationary objects rather than a physics-based one. ("Mario & Wario" comes to mind.) It's not a bad idea, but it was poorly executed.

Of the 12 levels, I only had problems with the last. Levels 1 through 11 do a decent job of teaching you the physics of the game, but there's really no tenseness to the levels, wherein Bob is in direct danger of being killed. It's just all busy-work and timing with a whole lot of "red herring" dangers.
The game is also challenging... but it's a completely artificial difficulty. Due to how the "grab" engine was coded, when the left mouse button is held down, there's an invisible sphere of influence which pulls the box toward the mouse cursor. If you move the cursor too fast, the box leaves the sphere of influence and thus, leaves your control. The box also seems to have some collision detection issues with the walls.

The sound effects are fine, but that music is one of the more annoying things I have ever heard in ANY game. I'm VERY glad there's a mute button.

All and all, this isn't the worst thing I've ever played on Newgrounds, but it's nothing to write home about, either.

Tower of Heaven Tower of Heaven

Over three years later, and I still get all choked-up when I get to the end of the game. This is a work of art. And what makes it even better is the fact that it wasn't TRYING to be "art". It's just trying to be a fun little retro game.

It succeeds wholeheartedly in that regard.

Pico Roulette Pico Roulette

Glitchy, but Classic Nonetheless

I've gotta say, this game is great in concept, but in reality, it won't work (and doesn't presently work) without a lot of bug-fixing...

BUG 1: The first person I played against was a guest, which is fine and dandy...but there's just one problem. Every time I went first, he ALWAYS trumped me! No matter what I picked, if I selected first, he would win! Is there some sort of exploit to the game for Guests or something? I wouldn't normally say anything, but this happened around seven times in a row. Nobody is that lucky.
BUG 2: The same guest I played apparently didn't select a character. At all. He ended up with the "default" or "debug" choice where it just randomly flashes a character sitting there, scrolling through all the available characters -- including the secret character(s) only available through Random Select! Once he finally lost, the game locked up because the "debug" character doesn't have a losing animation.
BUG 3: If you opponent leaves the match before they win or lose, you do not get credit for a victory. I don't know if this is an actual bug or just a simple oversight, but either way, it's very annoying.
BUG 4: Either people are playing non-stop, or the lobby is bugged, seeing as I have not seen a single game in there yet. A toggle or default setting to where people can see games in-progress would be nice.

Anyway, all that aside, this is a very neat interpretation of Pico vs. The Uberkids. Please take my words into consideration and I wish you the best of luck in future endevors!

Solid Snake Solid Snake

Actually, the MSX is kind of Konami's Japan-only personal computer system. It's LIKE the Family Computer/NES, but not really.

Not too shabby, but I was hoping for the entire song... I heard an AWESOME remix of this from some Metal Gear site I found by accident and was craving more, so... Not bad, though! Makes for a nice loop for sure.

JinNJuice responds:

ooooh. like sega.

theres more to it???

Airman vs. Monsteropolis Airman vs. Monsteropolis

The Annihilation of Monsteropolis

*Copy-Pastes his review from OverClocked ReMix*

At first, I thought this was just another generic remix. Ya know... NESkimos or Minibosses-style. Guitars and heavy drums. Boring stuff like that. Then I heard the lyrics and decided that this was indeed worth listening to after all.
The lyrics seems to carry a message of loneliness, shining an altogether different light on Airman in general. No ego. No will of his own, to a degree. A force of destruction and a machine made simply to terrorize Neo Tokyo. (Or "Monsteropolis", as per the US manual.) This is what he was built to do. He wants to defeat anyone who comes near him...but he also wants the freedom his clouded realm seems to promise. He doesn't want to be a minion forever. He wants to fly. But he knows he can't have that, so he kind of snaps and just decides to carry out his programming in a rather extreme fashion.

I guess the song is a bit of a contradiction in and of itself if you listen to the lyrics, but it's pretty good altogether. I think it's worthy of a Japanese music video a'la "You Can't Defeat Airman!" or "Omoide wa Okkusenman" and I think it's worth listening to as well. Nicely done!

...now make a Springman remix. X3

Metalman - Metal Dance Metalman - Metal Dance

Metallic Boogie

Funny finding you guys here! Considering the last place we "met" was at OverClocked ReMix and all, I mean.

I don't guess you guys need me to tell you how I feel about this song, but for the sake of arguement and for the sake of people on Newgrounds, I'd just like to say that I highly enjoy this song. The lyrics are a little corny in some parts, but they work with the song. The vocals are really nice-sounding, as is the music itself. Um... I guess that's about it!